With the Irish Pensions and Investment market currently worth more than €200 billion, it might come as a surprise that millions are lying dormant in bank accounts, waiting to be claimed.
It is a worthy exercise to trace your pension. With the help of your Hennelly Finance financial advisor, you may uncover a tidy sum that you didn’t even realise existed!
How do pension savings get lost?
Pension funds go unclaimed due to a variety of reasons, such as:
- leaving a job after more than two years and not being aware of your pension entitlements
- not informing former employers or pension schemes about a change in address or name
- emigrating and returning with no record of your previous employment
- where a previous employer no longer exists
- returning from the UK and leaving benefits behind
After many changes to pension providers and schemes, you might also be confused about who might now be holding your funds. For example, Canada Life, Prudential Life and Irish Progressive have been acquired by Irish Life Health, while Norwich Union, GCU Life and Friends Provident are part of Aviva and Caledonian Life and GRE Life are part of Royal London. With such significant changes occurring in the market, it can be easy to lose track of your funds.
Trace your pension with Hennelly Finance
Hennelly Finance can help you trace your pension and track down any funds that you may be owed. This could be a welcome boost for your pension pot and help you achieve your lifestyle goals sooner.
Get in touch with a member of our team to discuss tracing your pension. Call us on 091 586500 or email us at email@example.com today.